What should you do if your Colorado Springs home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your residence – and your family members – against the various risks you could experience, like burglary, fire, and carbon monoxide leaks. Even though your home may be prepared, that doesn’t automatically mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Colorado Springs home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is often startling, disorienting, and might provoke panic. Your best option is to stay calm and follow these simple tips.
Actions to Take When Your Home Alarm System In Colorado Springs Triggers
You don’t want to be in this predicament, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re roused in the middle of the night with the distinct blaring of an alarm after a security sensor has been activated. What are you going to do?
- Don’t panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is pounding. But staying calm is the best way to evaluate the situation. Avoid the urge of trying to deal with the emergency yourself and allow your monitoring agents and first responders to perform their job.
- Protect your family. Your primary concern should be your family members and moving them out of harm’s way. In the event of a break-in, this might include proceeding to an appointed safe zone as far away from entrances as possible. The intruder was in all likelihood already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra cautious. If there’s fumes or a blaze, you ought to leave your residence right away.
- Grab your phone. Most individuals keep their phones with them constantly these days, but you might forget to pick it up during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the opportunity to keep in contact with your monitoring specialists and get updates through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24-hour Monitoring Specialists
The moment your home alarm system in Colorado Springs goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will act immediately. Their first step is to validate your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The procedure they adhere to is dependent on the sort of emergency. For example, if the emergency is of a medical nature, a single attempt will be made to reach you before assistance is deployed. If you’re dealing with an intrusion - the most frequent type of event - a monitoring agent will follow these procedures to contact you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you through the touchscreen interface. You will usually be asked for a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t prompt a response, a call is made to your main contact number.
- A second number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If there is still no answer, local police are deployed.
- Your monitoring specialists will follow up with you again after authorities are notified.
If you're not in a situation where you can interact with the monitoring team, don't worry. Help will still be sent even if you're not able to substantiate the emergency.
Prepare for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Colorado Springs
Get prepared for any emergency with a contemporary home alarm system in Colorado Springs from Vivint. Call (719) 666-9853 to start customizing your property’s protection today.