Daily shipments have become routine for countless homeowners as a result of the shift to online shopping. You love the benefit of having packages left right in front of your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those parcels on your doorstep are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a significant concern, but you can do something about it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These components are great tools to combat package theft, but they do significantly more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why they’re sure to come to be an integral facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Colorado Springs video doorbell
Available in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a range of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to advance. You can now set up detection zones, speak to individuals on your porch, and get instant alerts whenever a package is dropped off.
The best way to understand how a Colorado Springs video doorbell camera works is to explore the many advantages it can provide. Think about these features:
- Active deterrents: You aren’t able to find this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that are proactive in dissuading burglary with alerts that can be seen and heard. This is an effective way to let prowlers know that you are watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors on your porch and packages on the surface below. Options with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- High-resolution streams any time of day: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the purpose of installing a doorbell camera? Leading models will provide incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to know when a package is delivered? You can enjoy automatic alerts from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between people and boxes.
- Converse with the person at your door: Is there somebody standing at your door? Two-way audio lets you find out their purpose for being there. You could even take advantage of this handy feature to deter people loitering around your walkway.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to customize detection zones. Clearly identifying the area to be viewed will help you minimize false alarms brought about by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the chance to view current and recorded video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you are able to access them from the palm of your hand, no matter where you are. They’ll inform you when someone arrives, show you what’s happening, and even let you communicate with the person at your door. These devices have become game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.