Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Colorado Springs smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your security system as it incorporates your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface places you in complete control of your Colorado Springs home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and explore tips to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Colorado Springs help you?
Wirelessly connecting to devices via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You may arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. When adding a video doorbell, you may even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you complete remote access and control through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the tasks you can execute:
- Check current or saved video from any linked cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Colorado Springs by implementing schedules or creating preferences. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock if the smoke detector goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and everything in the home will engage.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. To illustrate, an open window will urge you to take action. Note that you are still able to arm the security system by using the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you want to circumvent the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Colorado Springs
Despite the fact that multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add an additional user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote access, tap email or phone and submit the information to send an invitation.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, simply proceed to the menu, touch users, select the user you wish to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Colorado Springs security system. Call (719) 666-9853 to get started.